Why become a member? ×

Personal concerns about your rig.

Bobo_Grimmer

Interesting post this. I have had loads of rigs - from what used to be described as compact ( rediculously heavy trace combo ) to what was described as normal ( ampeg v4b and 2 x15 cab "where are you playing, wembley?'" people used to say. Never really got into effects too much - had the odd pedal to two I admit.

After going through loads of changes - Marshall vba and 4 x 12 ( what a rig ) settled on a markbass / Schroeder rig.

Now use a hartke lh1000 and 4 x 10. Bit old school but together with my pedalboard this rig will do everything. Loud enough for anywhere and fantastic tone. Miles lighter than the average rig I have used.

However I do agree with dood - the sound is in your fingers - but you have to get this to the audience. When I was pro I couldn't give a monkeys about my tone and It was all about convenience. Now it's about fun, tone and musical chops- but not in that order.

[quote name='thumperbob 2002' timestamp='1353357693' post='1874248']
When I was pro I couldn't give a monkeys about my tone and It was all about convenience. Now it's about fun, tone and musical chops- but not in that order.
[/quote]
I'm really big on tone,but I don't think that that means huge gear. I've gone through the big rig phase with Hartke
HA3500 and HA4000 heads with matching 4x10 and 2x10 cabs and it was nice to have it,but I've gradually gone
smaller and smaller until I got to where I am now with the Ashdown MiBass rig and I am just as happy with the tone,
actually more so,as I was with a bigger rig (I replaced a Bergantino 4x10 with the Ashdown Mi12). And I can carry
it all in one trip.

I find that having multiple rigs helps me with mental sanity. :rolleyes:
1) [b]Minimalist[/b]: my Markbass compressore + Radial DI into the PA
2) [b]Minimalist plus[/b]: Line6 POD Live XT + Radial DI into the PA
3) [b]Mini[/b]: EA iAmp micro + Markbass Traveller 102P.
4) [b]Regular[/b]: SWR SM400 + Markbass Traveller 102P + borrowed extra cab (note to self: buy another Traveller cab!!!)
5) [b]Deluxe 1[/b] Trace Elliot V-type preamp + Markbass MB1000 poweramp + 2 borrowed 8x10 cabs (note to self: buy 2 8x10 cabs!!!!)
6) [b]Deluxe 2 [/b]Fender TBR1 preamp + Marbass MB1000 poweramp + 2 borrowed 8x10 cabs