Why become a member? ×

Bugera BVP5500

Pow_22

I know there is a lot of snobbery etc round Behringer/Bugera but i cant help gassing after one of these. Any actual users on here who can tell me their experience? Ive searched a few threads on TB and there are certainly some horror stories as well as on youtube. Onthe other hand there are people who say they love theirs!

Many people slag off Behringer as being unreliable but all gear breaks,even the best, just read a few posts here on basschat. Many people slag off Behringer for copying but Marshall only copied a Fender Bassman to begin with and where ever you look you'll find comments like, this amp uses a Fender tone stack or similar.

Me, I love Behringer prices and have found Behringer to be reliable and do what it says on the tin, well, box actually. However, saying all that, I had a Behringer amp that I bought as a spare, it was allegedly 250w but when I actually tried it out, I couldn't hear what I was playing and that was with it flat out, so it went. It was obviously loud enough for the person that bought it though. It all worked OK and looked good. I use a Behringer inuke and it's great. Been in use for over a year and no problems. Love it.

Behringer, like quite a few other manufacturers, are optimistic with their wattage ratings, peak wattage as opposed to RMS, but if you take this into account when buying one you shouldn't have many problems. Also, try before you buy if possible and if it breaks, you can always send it back.

[quote name='bertbass' timestamp='1353072525' post='1871263']
Many people slag off Behringer as being unreliable but all gear breaks,even the best, just read a few posts here on basschat. Many people slag off Behringer for copying but Marshall only copied a Fender Bassman to begin with and where ever you look you'll find comments like, this amp uses a Fender tone stack or similar.

Me, I love Behringer prices and have found Behringer to be reliable and do what it says on the tin, well, box actually. However, saying all that, I had a Behringer amp that I bought as a spare, it was allegedly 250w but when I actually tried it out, I couldn't hear what I was playing and that was with it flat out, so it went. It was obviously loud enough for the person that bought it though. It all worked OK and looked good. I use a Behringer inuke and it's great. Been in use for over a year and no problems. Love it.

Behringer, like quite a few other manufacturers, are optimistic with their wattage ratings, peak wattage as opposed to RMS, but if you take this into account when buying one you shouldn't have many problems. Also, try before you buy if possible and if it breaks, you can always send it back.
[/quote]

Pretty much this. Very ronseal in their nature. It's not going to be world destroying but they're always decent for the price. My old behringer head was reliable and worked well as a back up :) .