Why become a member? ×

Anybody tried the Vox Stomplab?

Budgetneil

• 1 month later...

I have just bought one, to be honest for the price I cant fault it! Straightforward to create your own tones with 20 available user presets.

It is a surprisingly small unit, but thats what i was looking for anyway, something to pop into my gigbag or guitarcase. One of the reasons I bought it was because I have the vox amplug for bass and I really liked that tone and thought for the price, i might as well give it a go.

I sold my GT10B to downsize and i wasnt using the unit to its full potential. After looking around for a cheaper and smaller alternative, this was my choice.

Soundwise, it doesnt muddy my sound at all, even with the valve amp sims it keeps a clear crisp sound. The effects are pretty good, especially the fuzz, flanger and chorus, decent sounding synth too.. all in all a brilliant piece of kit for £69!
I may try and do a video demo of it as there is nothing on youtube yet.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='aidanhallbass' timestamp='1355405456' post='1897946']
I have just bought one, to be honest for the price I cant fault it! Straightforward to create your own tones with 20 available user presets.

It is a surprisingly small unit, but thats what i was looking for anyway, something to pop into my gigbag or guitarcase. One of the reasons I bought it was because I have the vox amplug for bass and I really liked that tone and thought for the price, i might as well give it a go.

I sold my GT10B to downsize and i wasnt using the unit to its full potential. After looking around for a cheaper and smaller alternative, this was my choice.

Soundwise, it doesnt muddy my sound at all, even with the valve amp sims it keeps a clear crisp sound. The effects are pretty good, especially the fuzz, flanger and chorus, decent sounding synth too.. all in all a brilliant piece of kit for £69!
I may try and do a video demo of it as there is nothing on youtube yet.
[/quote]

Vox amplug?? Can this be used along with vox amplug too?? I'm actually a guitarist
And if this pedal is compatible with vox amplug, i'm surely gonna get one!!

• 3 months later...

[quote name='elgeecules' timestamp='1356178992' post='1907650']
Vox amplug?? Can this be used along with vox amplug too?? I'm actually a guitarist
And if this pedal is compatible with vox amplug, i'm surely gonna get one!!
[/quote]

There is no point in using the Stomplab along with a Amplug. The Stomplab runs on batteries, and you just connect your guitar and headphones and you're ready to go! It's like an Amplug with effects.