Why become a member? ×

Right what cab?

rockinbassman

hi guys, think I have finally sorted what I am doing amp/cab wise... hopefully Bass-Ferrits Shuttle will arrive in the country some time this century... damm shipping!!
So i will hopefully be purchasing his HD350, at the moment I am only going to be looking at a single cab... are the EBS proline 2x10's adequate as stand-alone cabs, for meduim club gigs with PA support?! Its either that or the Proline 300 1x15 on its own, but im thinking that might be a bit muddy in the mid section!? I was thinking of getting the 4x10, but its too big for my smaller gigs, and probably overkill for 80% of the gigs I do. So the question is 2x10 or 1x15?
I play Jazz bass, mainly a 75RI Passive Jazz, but also getting a 5 string KSD 705 somethime soon!

What ya think!?

Edited by rockinbassman

[quote name='rockinbassman' post='195525' date='May 9 2008, 04:23 PM']hi guys, think I have finally sorted what I am doing amp/cab wise... hopefully Bass-Ferrits Shuttle will arrive in the country some time this century... damm shipping!!
So i will hopefully be purchasing his HD350, at the moment I am only going to be looking at a single cab... are the EBS proline 2x10's adequate as stand-alone cabs, for meduim club gigs with PA support?! Its either that or the Proline 300 1x15 on its own, but im thinking that might be a bit muddy in the mid section!? I was thinking of getting the 4x10, but its too big for my smaller gigs, and probably overkill for 80% of the gigs I do. So the question is 2x10 or 1x15?
I play Jazz bass, mainly a 75RI Passive Jazz, but also getting a 5 string KSD 705 somethime soon!

What ya think!?[/quote]

I have both the proline 210 and 300 1x15 with a td650 but last weekend when practising with a drummer I just used the 210. It was monstrously loud, so you should be fine with the proline 2x10. It's fairly compact and the hd350 will be able to perch nicely on top of that cab on its end. Reckon your Jazz will sound luvverly through that setup.

[quote name='Nick80' post='195675' date='May 9 2008, 08:33 PM']I have both the proline 210 and 300 1x15 with a td650 but last weekend when practising with a drummer I just used the 210. It was monstrously loud, so you should be fine with the proline 2x10. It's fairly compact and the hd350 will be able to perch nicely on top of that cab on its end. Reckon your Jazz will sound luvverly through that setup.[/quote]

Excellent, I am going to try them out before hand, just thought id get some background info first. So the 2x10 over the 15 on its own could be a better possibilty...

What was the depth like from the 2x10?

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='195786' date='May 10 2008, 12:28 AM']Do they do a 2x12?[/quote]

Yeah thats another I am going to try out, may be quite large though for some of my smaller gigs. Thats why im thinking get either the 2x10 or 15 now, then expand when I have some more money, so I can use both for bigger gigs and one for smaller ones!!