Why become a member? ×

Small Elephant Ears

brensabre79

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a set of tuners for my bass, 2-a-side.

Currently it has the modern style Gotoh GB7 right-angle tuners with the smaller size holes, but I don't like these. I like the elephant ear/cloverleaf style ones on Fenders and Rickenbackers. Does anyone know if I can get these in the smaller hole size? Or if not elephant ears, something that looks a bit more retro than the Gotoh ones I have?

thanks as always!

bren

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1352126998' post='1859042']
Considering the thread title I found this thread quite disappointing :lol:
[/quote]
Yeah that occurred to me after I wrote it Charic. I can only extend my sincerest apologies for wasting your time.

[quote name='iiipopes' timestamp='1352126391' post='1859027']
I play HipShot Ultra Lights.
[url="http://store.hipshotproducts.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=105"]http://store.hipshot...ct_detail&p=105[/url]
[/quote]

Thanks iipopes they look like the sort of thing I'm after, except they are 3/8" not 7/16" posts - although not sure if there's much in it.. I think the hole size I need is 14mm (9/16)"

Ah, I've just discovered the Hipshot ones iipopes recommended are in fact the correct size (same as Gotoh GB7) the posts are 3/8" but the drill hole is 9/16" so no need for a Dremel - which is a good thing as usually when I use one of those it costs me a fortune in repair bills due to 'slippage'