Why become a member? ×

Pulled

mr.sibs

I bought two of these (one for a friend) and he doesnt want it anymore :)
so il try to sell it here for [u]£15 posted[/u], as i bought it
mine was very easy to put together, took two hours and has everything in there, and the result is great too, great compressor for any instrument i think
link is here
[url="http://www.monteallums.com/pedal_mods.html#cs3optoPlus"]http://www.monteallums.com/pedal_mods.html#cs3optoPlus[/url]

cheers

Edited by mr.sibs

I have found it works great and doesnt seem to lose much of the signal at all, unfortunately my head is being mended at the moment, so i have only used the comp through my studio monitors (which are good quality) and though it seems to be a pretty good sounding clear signal through there, i wouldnt quite be able to vouch for the thump yet (that you can only get from a bass amp anyway), hopefully i can answer that properly soon?

The standard CS3 is crap for bass. Monte's mod transforms it to a great bass compressor but it does have that opto-comp squish rather than thud IMHO.

Edited by clauster

I always found the Opto-comp to be decent for some uses but probably the least subtle compressor ever for bass, even on min sustain you can still feel the squeeze. Maybe I'm just not good at setting the dials up though. I've found that it is VERY good for acoustic instruments and vocals.

Edited by Oscar South

[quote name='clauster' post='195342' date='May 9 2008, 12:02 PM']The standard CS3 is crap for bass. Monte's mod transforms it to a great bass compressor but it does have that opto-comp squish rather than thud IMHO.[/quote]

cheers, yet to use mine extensively yet but that sounds about right

[quote name='Oscar South' post='195436' date='May 9 2008, 02:15 PM']I always found the Opto-comp to be decent for some uses but probably the least subtle compressor ever for bass, even on min sustain you can still feel the squeeze. Maybe I'm just not good at setting the dials up though. I've found that it is VERY good for acoustic instruments and vocals though.[/quote]

the original pedal settings work so that the sustain knob acts as a limiter until you hit past 12, and then a compressor (so the instructions inform me) i dont know if the opto mod changes these parameters, again, havnt tried it out fully but might help to wok out exactly what the boss was doing before the mod

Edited by mr.sibs