Why become a member? ×

PJB Briefcase - just blew me away!

JPJ

I've owned a PJB Briefcase combo for a couple of years now. She sits under my desk in my home office and serves as my practice amp. In all the time I've owned her she's never ventured out of the house as I've always thought she'd be to little to be of any use elsewhere.

However, last night I was going to a 'house practice' for one of my bands. The format was two guitars, drums, plus singer and I was loathed to lug the SM1500 + cab so I took what I considered to be a chance and loaded the PJB instead. Both guitarists were using 1x12 combos, the drummer had full acoustic kit and the singer had a small vocal PA and guess what, the PJB kept up with them all.

With the eq flat, and the volume at about one o'clock on the dial she produced a righteous tone at a volume level more than enough to keep up with the drummer. Sure, one or two notes dived under the assembled cacophony but she did admirably well even amplifying the low 'b' with some authority. In fact, she did so well I'm now hankering after one of her bigger sisters for all rehearsals/small gigs.

Just goes to show that size isnt everything. Oh and while I'm on, PJB must have one of the best customer service teams of any company.

I had a fantastic experience with PJB & Synergy (who were the uk distributors iirc) when I had my sixpack, it was a superb amp but too chuffin heavy for me to lug up and down stairs for my back to stay happy!

Rather than get the combo I'd get the M500 head and a cab or two!

If you love the sound they're amazing amps, seriously bomb proof construction and outstanding quality!

[quote name='andydye' timestamp='1351258406' post='1849364']
I had a fantastic experience with PJB & Synergy (who were the uk distributors iirc) when I had my sixpack, it was a superb amp but too chuffin heavy for me to lug up and down stairs for my back to stay happy!

Rather than get the combo I'd get the M500 head and a cab or two!

If you love the sound they're amazing amps, seriously bomb proof construction and outstanding quality!
[/quote]

Cheers for that, but I've got a separate head+cabs setup and I just loved the 'turning up with amp in one hand, bass in the other' approach to last night. :)

[quote name='JPJ' timestamp='1351260700' post='1849394']
Cheers for that, but I've got a separate head+cabs setup and I just loved the 'turning up with amp in one hand, bass in the other' approach to last night. :)
[/quote]

the sixpack has wheels and a luggage handle so you could still do that but lifting it is a proper bugger :huh:

Edited by andydye