Why become a member? ×

Er, hello.

johnnylager

After reading some excellent intros and realising I've not done one yet, I thought I'd do a crap one.

John, Pompey 'till 2001, now in Newhaven and oi well loikes the footer mush.

I've played through all the sh*te gear in the world before settling on me current rig - a self-[s]butchered[/s] modded Geddy Lee, an Ashdown ABM rig, a few pedals (one bought off here, ta) and use pleccy, fingers & slap depending on the [s]din[/s] song. Old heroes are Harris, Burton, Butler, John McCoy (he played bass on the Space 1999 theme, don'tyou know) & Glenn Hughes, newer ones are Rob Wright, Larry Boothroyd & Les Claypool.

Been playing [s]original[/s] derivative rock/punk/funk country in [url="http://www.myspace.com/evolvecore"]Evolve[/url] for 20-odd years with the same songs about drugs, misogyny eco-armageddon and serial killers that were current then and are just coming back in. Also depped for blues, psych & full-on metal bands. Would love to be in a NWOBHM tribute band. Or a 3-piece punk band, now I think about it.

I'm (reasonably) happy with me current set-up ( :) ), but would like it all to be lighter. And with more basses, etc.

Ta for listening, John.