Why become a member? ×

2012 Yamaha BB424X white, immac. plus hardcase. £199 SOLD

hamfist

NOW SOLD

White Yamaha BB424X. Really excellent condition. No dings or buckle rash on it [u]at all[/u]. Only a few months old.
No issues or problems at all with this bass. You will not be disappointed.
Set up beautifully with 105-45 nickel rounds. Also has a tiny custom thumb rest, which is in just the right place, between the pickups. Neck is a treat. A quality instrument. Only for sale to pay for my new Status bass.
Produces great precision AND jazz tones. One of the only cheaper basses I have played that genuinely has a real piano-like ring on the low E string.

Comes with a well used but still useable hard case.

£210 posted within mainland UK (Paypal or bank transfer payment). Or £199 collected from the Southampton area.

[attachment=121583:BB a.jpg]
[attachment=121584:BB b.jpg]
[attachment=121585:BB c.jpg]
[attachment=121610:Tr b.jpg]
[attachment=121611:TR a.jpg]

Edited by hamfist

[quote name='RandomBass' timestamp='1350733048' post='1842790']
Hi this looks interesting. Do you have a close-up shot of the thumb rest? I think I can see it in the second shot, is it quite a bit smaller than the traditional Fender-esque rest?

Cheers

Geoff
[/quote]

Pics now added to the original post. It's a very subtle thumbrest. Just big enough for the job and no more. Also, if you don't want to use it, you won't notice it. Nice rounded edges too.
Made of mahogany by this guy ... [url="http://www.classicguitarboxes.com/"]www.classicguitarboxes.com[/url]

Edited by hamfist

[quote name='RandomBass' timestamp='1350746186' post='1842991']
Wow that is seriously dinky isn't it? What a neat idea - and like you say just enough to perch a thumb, nothing more needed.
Is that screwed through an existing scratchplate screw hole, or did you have to make a new hole for it?

Geoff
[/quote]

Made a new hole. Simples !