Why become a member? ×

Mark Bass traveller vs Std cabs

Hairy_J

Greetings, Newbie here I'll head over to the general to say Hi in a mo but in the mean time........
I've been playing through a Trace Elliot 4x10 smx12 combo, often with a 1x18 underneath but due to changes in transport I now have to get everything into a car boot/hatchback!
I can (just) get the 4x10 combo into the car but the weight makes it awkward on my own..
I've liked the idea of smaller and lighter but still powerfull for a while and now have a Acoustic Image Focus 1 and am looking for suitable cabs.
I haven't been to hear / try any out yet (not enough free time) but that'd be the plan prior to spending..

From my searching and web browsing the Mark Bass cabs seem to be the smallest and the traveller series the smallest of the small, what are they like compared soundwise? 102p vs 102HF and similarly the 151p and 151Hr and 151HF

What difference does the front port make to the rear port? and how different are the horns piezo vs compression?
:)
Appreciate any help here

(Or does anyone have any other small powerfull cab suggestions.)

Hi and welcome aboard!
About 18 months ago i went from this...

to this...

and couldnt be happier, and its actually louder too!, most gigs i can get by comfortably on just the 102p which is sooo light, and very, very loud!
It even copes just fine with stupid loud (must have a word) rehearsals with a metal band in a small room where my Trace actually didnt do so well.
The piezo in my 102p never worked from new and i couldnt be arsed to chase it up but ive never wanted for it, the 151hr sounds great with a small amount dialled in, but on the whole its just amazing gear.
The sound is very flat and neutral to my ears, and i find i hardly ever use EQ, which took some getting used to but now im happy as Larry.
Not heard the front ported cabs though, but i would expect them to feel louder and shift more air, although as i say, ive never felt i lacked any even with just the 102p

Edited by gafbass02