Why become a member? ×

SX Jazz Bass Body

Hi folks,

I got this recently with a view to do another Jazz project, but things have got in the way and I figured someone else could have a bash at it, instead of it collecting dust here.

I was told this is an SX bass body, which a bit of googling suggests would make it alder. It's got a nice weight at about 4.5 pounds so would make a nice lightweight bass once it's done. The previous owner had attempted to refinish it and has filled all the holes in it. I mean every one. Pickguard, bridge, strap buttons all filled in. It isn't the best job, but easy work for someone who fancies a project or has already done stuff like this.

There's some primer on the back and some daphne blue nitro still all around the edges and a bit on the back. Neck pocket is also painted. The remaining paintwork isn't great either, but as I said, probably ewasy work for someone who knows what they're doing.

I paid £27 delivered so looking to get that back if possible. Thanks for looking, any questions please ask and I'll try my best to answer.

Here's a few pictures...

One with a pickguard and plate on...