Why become a member? ×

Tokai Jazz Bass - Sold

Ashborygirl

Pics coming just as soon as I get my camera charged up.

[b]The Bass[/b]

This is a Tokai Jazz bass that I'm told dates to 82-84 (L serial number, later Tokai logo). It's clearly Tokai's take on Larry Graham's Moon Jazz with the white body, neck & headstock - although the rosewood fingerboard is unpainted - so not quite like the Moon. Twin jazz pickups with the front pick up angled, I have upgraded the stock Tokai's for a pair of Bartolinis which are wired to a passive VVT control harness.

[b]The Condition[/b]

Unbelievable - a few very small impressions here & there but the paint is unbroken throughout. The white has just started to age with a slight yellow hue, the frets have no discernible wear. Probably the cleanest 25+ year old instrument you'll find.

[b]The Sound & Feel[/b]

It sounds like a good Jazz should, with rounds it's a slappers dream & with the current LaBella flats it's a great Motown/Stax bass. Neck is typically Jazz in its proportions & the build quality is everything you would expect from Tokai's golden years.

[b]The Price[/b]

Pricing is difficult because I have only ever seen one other example of this model. It owes me £450 but with the recession I'm asking for a firm [u][b]£399[/b][/u]. That price includes the original Tokai pickups & gets you a bass well above the quality of Mexican & some US Fenders - plus you aint going to find soemone else with the same bass.

I have no case for this so would prefer collection from my Teesside mansion. If you want it shipped I have a suitable box but it will need to be at your own risk. Payment forms are many, Paypal gift, direct transfer, cheque, cash, weapons grade plutonium......ok, maybe not that last one. Not interested in any trades, thank you.

Edited by Ashborygirl