Why become a member? ×

Pedal powering type question

danweb22

Hi all,

I am waiting patiently for my new USA made Darkglass B7K to turn up and in the meantime have just bought a TC Polytune.

I see that the polytune has a power out for daisy chaining other pedals (I have a mains power supply for the polytune) and was wondering if I could power the B7K with it?

Didn't know if anyone uses this method or if they just use a conventional pedal power block.

Thanks!

The B7K runs on 9v, so you can daisy chain it off the polytune. The only issue is whether your mains power supply can supply enough current for both devices. And Darkglass don't seem to say on their website what the current draw is on the B7K, so you might have to wait until you've got the pedal and hope that it says on it. Just in case you don't realise (as many people seem to misunderstand this point), the polytune isn't actually powering anything, it's just connecting other things to its power supply. That is why the only thing that matters is whether your supply can cope with both the polytune and the Darkglass.

Edited by mart

I"m not sure how the Polytune works, but with the Boss tuner, it's not what Milliamps the power supply produced to the tuner, its what the tuner can pass through. If the tuner can only power 200MA for example, and the B7K is say 150MA, its not gonna be too great sounding. If the B7K is around 250MA, it probably won't work at all. Worth checking with 3Leaf/Darkglass.
Generally speaking, think of MAs as headroom, the more you have the better, anything approaching half the draw of what your supplying isn't too great.

Si

p.s.
Also moved to effects, probably have more luck there :)