Why become a member? ×

I miss my Ashdown

col67

I sold my old Asdown rig a while back ( mag 300 evo2 2x10 combo and a home made 1x15 cab)
Mainly because it was getting on a bit and i wanted to upgrade.

So i bought a Tc electronics BH500 head and two BC212 cabs off here.
Now it looks great and is light compared to the ashdown stuff but sound wise it doesnt do it for me.
It doesnt move the air the way the ashdown did and i miss that oomph!

So the tc stuff has sold on here and will be collected very soon so i have to get a replacement rig.

Obviously i am inclined to return to Ashdown maybe getting ABM gear but the question is what other gear out there would provide the same sort of oomph that i am used to?

Sorry for the lack of tecnical terms to describe the sound i am after?

There are not many shops in the tyne and wear area who have enough bass gear to allow me to have a try and hear for mysef.

As a guide my price range is about £500-£600

Cheers

Yeah it will definitely be second hand.
I bought the TC rig off here and all the other amps I have had have been second hand.

I have had enough of buying gear new and loosing money on it to last a life time

I think of Markbass being out of my budget so haven't payed them much attention really.
I know its good stuff but I don't where it falls tonally

The combos with the LMII head in them tend to be somewhere between £500-700. You can pick up an LMII for @ £300 & if you want it to sound like an Ashdown, you just turn the VLE filter to full & roll off some treble if needed.

Soundslive are on Dean Street in Nookie. They stock Ashdown, Ampeg & Markbass, so maybe worth popping into there?