Why become a member? ×

Reidmar woes

thinman

Are there many other EBS Reidmar owners on here?

I bought one three weeks ago - love the sound but after one gig and two practices the output to the speakers started to cut out (cleanly) for 3 or 4 seconds at a time, then for longer and longer until nothing.

Bit disappointed to be honest. So now I'm testing out Thomann's return service. Do they normally repair or simply exchange?

Has anyone else had any problems with them?

there seems to be quite a few around here, were you pushing the amp hard? or was it doing this at low volume?

its just ive heard about ss class d power sections not liking being run at full, and no sound does sound like a output transformer, but it could just be a bad connection on the speakon connection?

im sure some ppl will be along soon

andy

[quote name='0175westwood29' timestamp='1349898987' post='1832081']
there seems to be quite a few around here, were you pushing the amp hard? or was it doing this at low volume?

its just ive heard about ss class d power sections not liking being run at full, and no sound does sound like a output transformer, but it could just be a bad connection on the speakon connection?

im sure some ppl will be along soon

andy
[/quote]

Certainly not been run hard - my BFM cabs are very efficient - master no more than one quarter (but that's no real indication of output).

I didn't want to tinker with it given it's very new and under warranty. The cutting out and back was very clean - no crackles or fading in/out - almost like some sort of overload protection was kicking in.

I doubt it's anything else - I slot my other heads in-place with same bass, leads and cabs and all is well.

I've had my Reidmar for a couple of months now.
Never had any problems of any kind.
As has been suggested, perhaps you have been unlucky. If you are happy with the sound then it would seem sensible to try a replacement.
I don't know where you had the gain setting, I have mine about 2 o'clock.
If you had the master at a quarter, you must have been pretty loud. :)
Hope you get things sorted out.

[quote name='beely' timestamp='1349985451' post='1833256']
I've had my Reidmar for a couple of months now.
Never had any problems of any kind.
As has been suggested, perhaps you have been unlucky. If you are happy with the sound then it would seem sensible to try a replacement.
I don't know where you had the gain setting, I have mine about 2 o'clock.
If you had the master at a quarter, you must have been pretty loud. :)
Hope you get things sorted out.
[/quote]

I have the input gain lower at about 10-11 o'clock. I don't think I was overdriving it. Even if I was I would expected to have had some warning like it clipping or a thermal cutout that comes back later.

Hopefully Thomann's customer service will come good - I wish I'd made a note of the serial number to see if I get the same one back!