Why become a member? ×

Sony E-100 31 band graphic equaliser For Sale! - SOLD

StevieD_FenderP2009

Hi guys

I had been after a Sony E-100 SRP 31 band graphic equaliser for about a year now and kept missing out as they only ever appeared on evilbay either in pairs or at a far too high price so eventually I bit the bullet and said "next one to come up, I'll buy". So I did... but it happened to be a pair of them. Obviously, I only need one so I'm selling the other one (plus it'll help re-coup the money I spent on a new bass)

right, about this unit. 31 band equaliser going from 20hz all the way up to 20KHz, all the sliders on both units are fully operational, no caps are missing, couple of minor scratches to the casing from where it's obviously been taken out of a rack case before, -10 to +10dB input dial with a center detent at 0dB, EQ on/off switch, LCF (low cut frequency) on/off switch (for if you want to remove 20hz to 100hz), front mounted power button with green indicator LED light, balanced or unbalanced input selection switch on the back along with a -10dB/+4dB output switch, jack and xlr for both input and output (jack is unbalanced, xlr is balanced). Front face on both are in perfect condition, it's only the top and bottom of the case on both that have minor scratches. All sliders go from -12dB to +12dB with a middle detent at 0dB.

Unless you're really boosting the 8KHz to 20KHz range, this unit is totally silent but in saying that, there's only a very small hiss I noticed when I was boosting that really high range. The EQ bypass switch seems to be that true bypass. It doesn't suck any of your natural tone and it doesn't colour it in any way. I noticed this when A/B'ing my Precision Bass through it. I've borrowed a friends Boss LS-2 to test this. Test 1: Bass -> E-100 with EQ on -> Line 6 Toneport UX2, Test 2: Bass -> E-100 with EQ off -> Line 6 Toneport UX2, Test 3: Bass -> Line 6 Toneport UX2. All tests were done with no post EQ and the input level on the E100 set to 0dB.

[s]Asking price for the unit is £60 plus PnP or collection is welcome. I live just off the Toddington junction of the M1. I'll even make you a cuppa if you so wish! Pics upon request![/s]

SOLD TO DAN, THANKS FOR ALL THE INTEREST GUYS!

Cheers
Stevie

Edited by StevieD_FenderP2009

Topo morto - I'll be honest, I've never found much on the net about them. I only really heard of them when I had worked out what all the units in Steve Harris of Iron Maiden's bass rig (as of 2006) were. Being Sony, I guessed it would be good so hunted them down and got these. Turns out they are absolutely amazing!
If you go down to page 21 of 28 on this link, there's the official info from the Sony 1998/99 catalogue :) [url="http://pdf.textfiles.com/manuals/STARINMANUALS/Sony%20Audio/Archive/1998%20Catalog.pdf"]http://pdf.textfiles.com/manuals/STARINMANUALS/Sony%20Audio/Archive/1998%20Catalog.pdf[/url]

Pob - It is incredible. Ran my iPod through the spare one and it was niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice :P I use a Behringer T1952 compressor but mainly only use that for output levelling. Bloody good compressor for £60

• 4 weeks later...