Why become a member? ×

reverb on/off pedal

Les

I have an almost pathological hatred of leads running across the stage and I'm looking for a latching footswitch to turn the reverb on or off with a detachable lead, ie, with a jack socket that you plug a lead into ( a long lead if need be) and send it to the on/off socket on the desk. I know they have existed cos' I've seen them, albeit years ago.

I'm sure it's easy enougt to knock one up but surely this beast exists somewhere ? I have googled till I'm blue in the face.
anyone any ideas ?

thanks

Les

this one would do the trick, http://www.soundsliveshop.com/p/Bespeco_VM22_Control_Pedal/BES-VM22

i've used one with my marshall for years, but i've also made a few for friends with locking detachable leads in nice metal cases (but with no led although that could be added easily enough) you only need very basic soldering skills to make one. i used these plugs for the lead at the box end.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/audio-locking-connectors-chassis-plug-line-socket-997

it only needs a fairly basic cable too, i used 3A 2 way mains cable for the ones i made and 3 way for the double switch i made for a friends ea doubler. (i think the single button one worked out about the same price as the bespeco one but in a very solid box and with a long cable included.)

Matt

the bespeco one works without the battery, it only powers the LED, it's not the smallest but i've yet to break mine in about 10 years of stomping. a diy one could be built into a box not much bigger than a matchbox and would be much more rugged.

Matt

Thanks again Matt, fancy building one of these myself, like you say, smaller and more rugged, but can't find the components online, Thought my internet skills were ok but I've been proved wrong :D I didn't even find the pedal you directed me at