Why become a member? ×

Status s 3000

KingPrawn

Hello Fellow Bassers

have just got hold of a status s3000 for the rght money, but t need TLC. Wiring has been tampered with. Jack socket defo not original and i would like to add a new circuit board. I had a look on Status site but not sure , which one need. i would really welcome any advice from other owners or those familiar with this type of circuitry. I mailed status but have had no responce.

Cheers All

I think the S3000 had the same board as the early Energies, Board 100. However, if I were you I'd put in something like an Aguilar OBP3 or a three knob East U-Retro or something similar. They would give you much more control over the tone than you would get from a Board 100. It only had volume, pickup blend and active treble controls. No bass or mid controls which you would get on the others.

I had a similar situation just recently.

I emailed Rob, and asked if he had a replacement, but he was out of stock.

I didn't want to butcher the bass or change the look by drilling extra holes, so I got an Aguilar OBP1.

Not as flexible as the OBP3 - just 2 band, boost only (went with the OBP1 as opposed to the OBP2 because the treble is set lower and seemed to make more sense to me on a two-band).

I'm going to install it at the weekend, and rehearse on Monday, so if you're interested I'll let you know the result.

[quote name='KingPrawn' timestamp='1349552048' post='1827737']
Hey Gary thats really decent of you
[/quote]

Sorry KP - I've let you down in an epic fail!

Thought this should have been a pretty straight forward install.

The Aguillar circuit diagram is easy enough to follow, and said to use the original volume and balance.

The original cuircuitry had been replaced with an Artec 2-band which is totally pre-wired with just the pups and jack socket to solder in, but I had the original parts, so used these.

First strange thing was that the balance ended up working the wrong way round (ie, as two volume controls starting at zero volume in the centre). (Yes I did have the wiring diagram the right way up, and was viewing the pots from the right direction!) :)

I compared the balance/volume wiring with a photograph I found, but that just confused things.

The old original pots were very, very worn, so I thought at this stage I would call it, put the Artec back, and get some new ones before attempting it again.

After all, I've invested time on refurbishing it so far, i figure I might as well get it right!

I hope I can get you that review very shortly!