Why become a member? ×

EH Frequency Analyser find - little help required!

bezlington

Hi folks, so I was at a car boot a while back and spotted this little beaut. The only trouble is, it's a US model so need to find a way to power the darned thing!
[attachment=119617:IMG_0652.JPG]
Before I buy a step down transformer from amazon, thought it would be worth an ask for advice here.

So... [b]Don't suppose anyone's got any experience of these pedals, or have any advice on how I might safely power it?[/b]

(sorry, can't post pics from my phone... It's a silver Frequency Analyser, was told bought in the early 80s. I understand it is a US model, has standard US two-pin power socket, suggesting internal transformer at 110v... Pics to follow!)

(OK, pics should hopefully be below!)
[attachment=119618:IMG_0654.JPG][attachment=119619:IMG_0653.JPG][attachment=119620:IMG_0655.JPG]
Cheers folks!

Edited by bezlington

I'm not sure I can be great deal of help, but you may have picked up a bit of a bargain there:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160889919293&item=160889919293&lgeo=1&vectorid=229466

Looks like you need an separate power cable as well as a step down transformer.

Always worth a quick look here for info too:

[url="http://www.effectsdatabase.com/model/eh/freqanalyzer"]http://www.effectsda...eh/freqanalyzer[/url]

Best of luck.

Edited by NoirBass

Thanks Noir.

Yeah, I reckoned it for a bargain when I first saw it. Won't tell you what I paid to save annoying you, safe to say it was nowhere near that eBay listing!

Suppose I'll have to have a peek around the innards to see if I can date it, though would prefer to get it working first - and for that could do with knowin how much power it needs, to get the right transformer...

In the (probably somewhat vain) hope of getting the thread moving and a few more folks reading it who might have this info, I suppose I should also ask has anyone had much joy using one of these (or modern version of) in a bass setting? Bought it out of necessity (couldn't let it sit there knowing someone else would buy it!) but have never played around with ring mods before... Cheers again folks!

My brother has a thoroughly beaten up Electric Mistress of about the same vintage which I repaired for him by replacing a dead internal transformer. IIRC there are some fairly standard small transformers with the same mounting holes and similar size to the ones EH used, which would be a drop-in replacement if you can find one with the right secondary voltage. Although you would still have to do something with the non-standard mains connector. I realise this approach is probably anathema to collectors, but personally it's what I would do to anything I plan to gig with.