Why become a member? ×

Aria Pro 2 SB Special 2 (1983) - ***WITHDRAWN***

Wilco

Superb example of this rare bass.

Made in 1983 at the famous Matsumoku factory in Japan.

Also known as an SB 55 model.

Ash body, maple neck, rosewood fingerboard. Two double coil pickups, two dual concentric volume/tone controls, two 'dual sound' switches & a pickup selector, bone nut. Really nice neck grain.

For a nearly 30 year old bass it is in excellent condition. Obviously it's got a few minor bumps & dings, but nothing major (just cool relicing!!). The two worst dings are both only about 1cm by 1/2 cm. One on the bottom of the body (a few minor scratches) & the other on the top of body (a heavier ding but not deep enough to show the wood).

One excellent thing about this bass is that I bought it from a good friend of mine who had it sat under his bed for about 10 years. Because of this & the fact I use nickelwound strings, despite it's age there is hardly any fret wear at all. When I first got it, one pick up had failed & my local guitar shop sent that away to be fixed by Kent Armstrong, & the whole thing works fantastically well now.

Sale includes a case that is probably as old as the bass, but I don't think it's an Aria case. It is in reasonable condition & feels quite solid!

Selling to buy another bass I've just spotted on here!

Would rather bass was collected or delivered by a meet up. I live in Swindon.

£400

Edited by Wilco

[quote name='MB1' timestamp='1348607184' post='1816012']
MB1.
Great Bass
I own an identical one which strangely has just fell off the wall
still in the Hercules wall holder! ....after hanging many years
Strange?
BUMP! .....Indeed!
[/quote]

Thanks for that comment. Indeed it is a great bass that was a keeper until a sudden attack of GAS!!!
Sorry to hear yours fell of the wall - hope it survived unscathed.

Edited by Wilco