Why become a member? ×

Vox VG4 Hollowbody - SOLD

AndThenSome1

I'm having a clear out and i've decided its time to do away with project basses that i've never got round to starting/completing, so first up is a 1970s Vox VG4 Hollowbody Shortscale bass. I bought this blind on eBay years ago and when I received it quickly realised it would take greater expertise than mine to recover. This would be ideal for someone looking for a major restoration project.

I believe it has all the original hardware, and although the electronics do not work (I tried to fix them to no avail), the rattling sound inside the body would indicate that where the original switches and pots are missing, they are still attached inside the bass.

The action is extremely high, and i'm not sure whether or not this is due to the neck being quite heavily bowed between the 1st and 7th fret area.

Some of the lacquer on the neck and back has cracked, although this appears only superficial. Somebody before me has attempted to remove the binding on the back of the bass too, along the bridge-end. I imagine this would have been done to attempt to recover the electronics.

I've tried to detail any and all major damage in the pictures, if you'd like more please PM me and I can take further shots.

[attachment=119267:image.jpeg]
[attachment=119268:image-1.jpeg]
[attachment=119269:image-2.jpeg]
[attachment=119270:image-3.jpeg]
[attachment=119271:image-4.jpeg]
[attachment=119272:image-6.jpeg]
[attachment=119273:image-7.jpeg]
[attachment=119274:image-8.jpeg]

I'm looking for £50 + P&P, although I'm open to offers as i'd really prefer this to not stay thing up space.

Edited by AndThenSome1