Why become a member? ×

Got on an EUB!!! Thinking abt some lessons in Edinburgh!

krispn

Just got my hands on one of these last week. I really like the feel and vibe I'm getting off it. I know its not the same as a 'proper' doghouse but it's quite a bit of fun to play and I may even venture out with it this w/e in the band for some tracks,admittedly the ones where I can utlise (read get away with) many, simple open string, root-fifth lines :)

Like a lot of folks I've been watching the youtubes and I feel like my right hand has made the transition relatively hassle free - plucking with the fleshy part of the first two fingers, using my arm to generate the momentum for the pluck. I'm just wondering aboutthe left hand and my postioning. Unfortunately I came off my bicycle last week and have had sore wrists and elbows from the impact and I'm trusting the discomfort I'm experiencing is from that - they were sore before I started playing the EUB.

Anywho if anyone knows a teacher in the Edinburgh area or is a seasoned player who would like to berate my technique get in touch :) G

Edited by krispn

Hi Krispn

Gumtree has the following - may look at this myself as I picked up an electric upright at the weekend

[url="http://www.gumtree.com/p/community/bass-lessons-available-bass-guitar-double-bass/109834959"]http://www.gumtree.com/p/community/bass-lessons-available-bass-guitar-double-bass/109834959[/url]