Why become a member? ×

Blimey it's big!

Fat Rich

[quote name='oggiesnr' timestamp='1348668635' post='1816695']
My bass originally had a cello spike which is a good bit longer (the previous owner must be a good six foot six). I suppose the alternative would be to play sitting down on a high stool.

Steve
[/quote]

No sitting down in my band. No standing still either (except for the guitar, but he's a jazzer and they are disembodied intellect, we know that. :D )

Edited by fatback

[quote name='fatback' timestamp='1348673846' post='1816785']
except for the guitar, but he's a jazzer and they are disembodied intellect, we know that.
[/quote]

True, a mate of mine is an ex jazz guitarist (he now gets his kicks playing mandolin at ceilidh's !!!) and if he starts to talk music I feel like saying ' Hello... Earth calling'

[quote name='Fat Rich' timestamp='1348662438' post='1816582']
Forgot to mention my teacher said my bass was too low, the stuff she's shown me about hand and arm position seems to work better and feel more natural with the bass higher.

I've got the pin fully extended and it's about 4 inches too short, the original pin doesn't seem to come out otherwise I'd just get a longer one, any ideas anyone? I'm currently practising with the bass on a step, it looks a bit like Tom Cruise's wedding photos.
[/quote]

You could look at getting a longer endpin (I managed to get mine out, but if it's a cheapy, you could cut it).

I got mine from [url="http://www.superspikes.co.uk/index.html"]http://www.superspikes.co.uk/index.html[/url]. Very reasonable...