Why become a member? ×

Ampeg repair in Midlands?

whimsy23

Hi guys, I did have a trawl through the pinned thread but it seems a little old of date. I'm looking for a reliable amp tech to have a look at/fix my SVT4. It is cutting out when it gets warm.

I took it to one place that was recommended to me and they had it for a month, said they tested it for ages and found nothing. They didn't even ring me to say it was ready to collect, I had to ring them (they said they rang me but surely I would have a missed call/voicemail at the very least? HMMM). Anyway, I took it to practice and the problem occured straight away, so I suspect they didn't even look at it. Rather patronisingly, they suggested I check my bass, cables etc, so I told them my entire set up works with my back up head no problem and goodbye and I won't see you again!

But anyway, if anybody could recommend somebody preferably in the Midlands and surrounding areas, I don't mind a short drive to get the job done.

Cheers