Why become a member? ×

Marshall AFD 100 Slash Ltd Edition Head

Hi, my bands guitarist is offering one of these for sale...

Marshall AFD 100 Slash signiture head, lightly gigged but comes with original box and unopened t-shirt, cover, pedals etc etc. This is one of the ltd ed of 2000.

£1040 based nr. North Wales/ Chester area

Drop me a message if this is of any interest ! Ta.

[quote name='mcgraham' timestamp='1347952028' post='1806937']
These are excellent amps. Brilliant marriage of vintage sound and simplicity, with some clever tweaks to also make it the ultimate shredders amp. Hard to believe it's even possible!
[/quote]

He's got the earlier '95 (?) ltd ed Slash Marshall, and that's a 2 channel - whereas this one is full-on 1ch ubergain and sadly slightly unsuitable for the function stuff we're doing !

Ah. What he REALLY needs is a Suhr Guthrie Govan model guitar with the 'blower' switch. You set your single channel amp to serious breakup, roll down the volume knob to get your clean/cleanish rhythm sound, and then you switch back to your overdriven sound by pressing the switch, which then bypasses the circuitry in the guitar and hotwires the bridge pickup straight to the output jack. Basically a switch that negates any knob setting you have, so you in effect get an onboard 2 channel switch on your guitar.

Yes, it is amazing. No, he can't have mine.

[quote name='mcgraham' timestamp='1347982323' post='1807633']
Ah. What he REALLY needs is a Suhr Guthrie Govan model guitar with the 'blower' switch. You set your single channel amp to serious breakup, roll down the volume knob to get your clean/cleanish rhythm sound, and then you switch back to your overdriven sound by pressing the switch, which then bypasses the circuitry in the guitar and hotwires the bridge pickup straight to the output jack. Basically a switch that negates any knob setting you have, so you in effect get an onboard 2 channel switch on your guitar.

Yes, it is amazing. No, he can't have mine.
[/quote]

Clever stuff, on a tangent always fancied a Pensa-Suhr Jazz after seeing Jerry Barnes give his a damn good thrashing with Chic !