Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

HELP WITH VALUE OF NEAR MINT79 ARIA SB

greyparrot

Hi chaps i have a georgeous aria sb600 1979 compleat with case original (with logo) and pw cleaning cloth even the registration card. It was bought in 1980. Now im thinking of selling to fund an ampeg cab, but then again not sure as its simply amazing and so is condition, everything on it original chrome wood shiny like new case clean no rips pw like new.......so im guessing about £400 ? would this be about right, although i would even go to £450? TBH im not fussed about selling as its that good. It is the earleir version with bolt neck and old head stock (matching sunburst) sound is fantstic as you can hear on the vid.....so i know theres a few guys on here that know alot more about these basses than i do, but i have done a fair bit on it over the net...have not seen one of this age with all the bump in this v near mint condition. cheers......

[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOFP5PI52P8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOFP5PI52P8[/url]

ps this is def one for the aria collectors as condition simpley amazing for its age, its a supream funk/rock bass id say, neck very fast action low narrow neck (built for the hands of jap guys, thats true from the site) If im way off the mark with my price guess of £450, then she stays right here!! :-)

Edited by greyparrot

.....theres tools a blue card cloth aria hang tag garnatee card but not a poch only a bag that it seems fits the pw, tools cards..was sold in 1980 in bristol i think it said on the blue garantee card...thats all thats there and a key for the case.

Edited by greyparrot

The kit should comprise: a snap-lock button pouch, with printed APII branding; an owner's manual; a guarantee card; two Allen keys; a tuner torque tool; and an APII branded cleaning cloth. Complete kits don't come along that often. The last one I spotted was with a 700, from '80, which sold for the equivalent of £328. Without the kit the usual price would be closer to £300, in good condition. The case looks clean, but it's the later (green-lined) version. The first version had red lining. The green-lined version usually doesn't add much to the value. Realistic pricing would be between £350 and £400. Anything over that might be a touch optimistic. Many BCers out there who have gotten excited and paid over the odds for an SB, and not been able to realise their investment when they come to sell. With this example, I'd be tempted to put it up on eBay, to give it as wide an audience as possible. If you do, be prepared to post internationally, as I can see this one heading off to the US.

[quote name='noelk27' timestamp='1346844953' post='1793892']
The kit should comprise: a snap-lock button pouch, with printed APII branding; an owner's manual; a guarantee card; two Allen keys; a tuner torque tool; and an APII branded cleaning cloth. Complete kits don't come along that often. The last one I spotted was with a 700, from '80, which sold for the equivalent of £328. Without the kit the usual price would be closer to £300, in good condition. The case looks clean, but it's the later (green-lined) version. The first version had red lining. The green-lined version usually doesn't add much to the value. Realistic pricing would be between £350 and £400. Anything over that might be a touch optimistic. Many BCers out there who have gotten excited and paid over the odds for an SB, and not been able to realise their investment when they come to sell. With this example, I'd be tempted to put it up on eBay, to give it as wide an audience as possible. If you do, be prepared to post internationally, as I can see this one heading off to the US.
[/quote]

great thank you for that, id be happy with £375 i guess, but in no real rush to sell, it really is that nice. I has all you mentioned apart from pouch, everthing seems to be there even that strange key thingy!! no wont ebay it, to be fair im quite happy to let it sit on the stand, i may put light strings on with that action n neck it would make a great slap machine.......Thanks for that so bottom line between £350-£400...so id be asking for £375. I think condtion wise its top of the tree, very nice nik......Thanks again Pal..

[quote name='greyparrot' timestamp='1346846275' post='1793923']everthing seems to be there even that strange key thingy!![/quote]
aka tuner torque key. That's the tool that goes missing most often, so it's good to have that still. Lots of things in its favour. The bolt-on (detachable in Aria speak) 600 has a different character to the set neck version, and all the through-neck models. Always liked the attack you can get from that design/pickup combination. That said, the through-neck models are more commonly what people associate with the SB design. If it was an early 700, in A1 condition, with the add-ons, you'd probably get £450. Given what you say about condition (excellent as opposed to good), I'd hold firm at £400.

great thanks for that...so i was pretty bang on with me guesstimate! i agree with the attack, for a passive bass, it really punches through but not in a middly dry way more of an even tone than that....TB fair i should spend more time, see if i wanna keep it for me but im really not a 4 string player....Great so £400 it is! if i get offered 4 ill take it!! but anything less i will hand on to it...its a real beut...I was wondering what that key was....id say its better than exellent, i cant see 1 ding/paint chip/discoloration anywhere, its like it was stuck in its case for the last 28 years...maybe it was.....

Edited by greyparrot