Why become a member? ×

Cable Confusion and Chaos

BH12neil

Questions -

1. Do you just use a single channel of all the rack gear other than the ISP or are both channels in use on some of the units?

2. You run everything AFTER the amp!? Sorry of I'm being a tab dumb here... By why? Surely the amp want to be the last thing before going onto the canb!? Just try they exact wiring set up have but put the amp last and see what the results are.

Shep

I agree with Shep, I can't see how this will work if the amp is at the beginning of the chain: all those other boxes are supposed to be line level devices not power level. Maybe the arrow is arse-backwards.

What I would do is this: set the amps up so that the effects loops are series rather than parallel. Put everything that is always on, and is required to process the entire signal (the compressor, the noise reduction and possibly the Aphex, don't really know what that does) into the effects loop. Tag the M300 onto the output of the pedal board (presumably you want to turn the M300 on and off?). So you end up with:

Bass -> Pedalboard in -> Pedalboard out -> M300 in -> M300 right out -> GK1001
M300 left out -> Ashdown

Then in the GK 1001 loop Send -> Compressor Channel 1 -> Aphex Channel 1 -> Noise reduction Channel 1 > Return

And similar for channel 2 in the Ashdown loop.