Why become a member? ×

Left the band - another door opens though

dmccombe7

• 3 weeks later...

Just back from hols and raring to go with the new project. The band centres around my mate where other musicians have come and gone over past few yrs.
It's been described in the press as very progressive using many "new world" sounds and instruments along with trad guitar, kys and bass.
I find it a cross between John Martin, early Peter Gabriel and some electronic works which i can't quite put my finger on. He's open to using whatever sounds or instruments i feel might work and obviously he agress with. He's very flexable in changes to his already established material where he reckons it might give the songs a new lease of life.
He also has developed a very nice vocal since knowing him many yrs ago. Maturity tends to do that i guess - LOL
At the moment I'm still trying to get a feel for his sound and style before putting anything down on paper as part of changes or new material. Its nice to get back to original material and having to think about what's required for any particulat type of song.
I have the option of adding fretted, fretless or going for some of the Roland G-6B effects.
I'm surprised how excited i am with the idea of being part of this project.

thanks for all the encouragement from BC'ers. Its a nice feeling to know that i have the support and agreement with my decision to leave the last band.
Cheers guys
Dave