Why become a member? ×

Fodera Victor Wooten - SOLD

loulou_2607

Fodera Monarch Deluxe classic (built in 1990) for sale :
Comes with its original hardcase.
The preamp is a 2011 Pope's one, with jumpers to select frequencies and what action you want for the kill/mid switch (actually it's a mid switch).
My asking price is [s]4850[/s],00€ 4500,00€+ cost shipping.

Edited by loulou_2607

[quote name='loulou_2607' timestamp='1346496552' post='1789871']
Yes Molan, you're right, it's a V.L.Wooten model 83, but it's not an original Monarch from 1983.
Its serial numer is in the 900, so this Monarch may have been produced in 1990.
Personally, I really would like to find an original '83 Monarch.
[/quote]

here you go: http://www.bassgear.co.uk/products-page/featured-products/fodera-monarch-deluxe-30-pre-owned/

[quote name='loulou_2607' timestamp='1346505090' post='1790003']
Thanks Wira,
I've seen this bass last week on bassgear, but to much expensive for me actually, and this bass was for sale last year on an other site for less than 5000$ if I'm right...
[/quote]

It was on TalkBass at $7,000 almost exactly a year ago.

Exchange rates make that about £4,500, shipping and UK import duties would add £1,165 taking the total up to £5,665 which is £65 more than it's currently listed for on BassGear :)

I know this because I nearly bought it then :)

Eventually I traded a custom build Alleva Coppolo plus cash in order to secure it from the next owner (which meant I still had to pay import duties on it unfortunately). Great bass & some serious history having been owned by Will Lee & played by Vic Wooten himself at a Jaco tribute concert. However, I have three Foderas which is just too much of an investment really :(

€4,800 is a good price for a Wooten Classic in good condition though. A new one would be over €7,500 (with those nasty import duties paid!).

I know that unfortunately I didn't have enough cash on my account when this old Monarch was for sale, but I don't remember what was the price, so thanks for the information.
Now I have to sell some of my basses due to an immovable project that I would like to buy, but I hope that I will find an old Monarch to buy in few years.
Thanks also for your advice concerning my asking price.

The early Monarchs with the older body shapes do seem to command a bit of a premium at the moment (I have an '86 as well). They so rarely come up for sale though.

I'm not exactly when Fodera moved to the current body shape though I'm afraid. The core overall design has remained fairly constant but widths, cutaways, depth, weights etc have all fluctuated from time to time.

Having the more recent Pope preamp really helps in terms of value (although I love the HAZ pre in my '86).

• 2 weeks later...