Why become a member? ×

Marcus Miller Jazz Bass Olympic White SOLD

Dave Holden

Hello all!

I'm selling my Marcus Miller 4 string Japanese Jazz Bass in Olympic White. The reason I'm selling is because I just bought the 5 string version and as much as I'd love to hold on to this, I really shouldn't, seeing as I have to pay rent and have no room for extra basses in my life at the moment.

The specs for this bass are here on the Fender website:

[url="http://www.fender.com/en-GB/products/marcus-miller-jazz-bass"]http://www.fender.co...iller-jazz-bass[/url]

There are 2 imperfections on the bass. There is a tiny chip in the neck binding (see picture). This has been here for a few years now and won't get worse. It does not affect playability otherwise I would have had it sorted, it can't be felt when moving around the neck whilst playing. The other thing is there are a few hairline cracks in the lacquer on the edge of the bass at the heel end. Again this has been like that for a few years and doesn't affect the performance or feel of the bass at all. I've tried to show this in the photo.

I love this bass and wouldn't sell it if I hadn't just bought the 5 string version. It's a serious work horse which I've used for many studio sessions and it sounds great live. The 'Marcus Miller' tone is awesome but I often use the passive tone, especially when recording to just give me a wicked jazz bass sound.

[attachment=116388:P1060673.JPG]

[attachment=116391:P1060678.JPG]

[attachment=116389:P1060675.JPG]

[attachment=116390:P1060677.JPG]

I'd like £600 for this bass. I can post it at the buyers expense but would rather meet up in person if possible. I live in North London (Burnt Oak) but can travel around London to meet. I also might have a new set of Marcus Miller DR Strings lying around if I can find them to throw in with the bass. Will have to check :)

Any questions then please ask. Feel free to call me on 07779 971289

Cheers!

Dave

Edited by Dave Holden

Yeh i got a lot more interest than I was expecting. Someone offered 600 but then another person offered to cut in with a higher price but had to commit to the first guy coz that's the right thing to do...Stupid conscience !!!!!!!!! :)

Fancy a GB 5 string instead? Still waiting to sell that bad boy...:)