Why become a member? ×

Shuker 6 For Sale

Bigwan

I may live to regret this, but I have too many basses, not enough time to play them and have spent too much on gear this year so something has got to go!

For sale is my Shuker 6 string. Original build thread is here: [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/8083-yes-its-another-shuker/page__st__60__p__290859__hl__another%20shuker__fromsearch__1#entry290859"]http://basschat.co.u...__1#entry290859[/url]

Great sounding bass. Thunderous, piano like tone with a B string to match. Growls like nobody's business. I would imagine it would be hard to hide in a mix. I had it built to give that growly Warwick sound (hence lots of Wenge!) and it certainly achieved that. 35" scale. Wide string spacing with further adjustment available. Red side LEDs with switch on pickup cavity cover. Gotoh machines. EMG soapbar pickups. Simple VVT controls (but loads of room in the control cavity to add the preamp of your choice). Brass nut. Beautiful birdseye maple board, no fret markers. Jumbo frets. Bolt-on wenge neck with satin finish. Thinned wenge body. Quilted maple top, matching headstock facing and playing ramp (marvelous thing!) with dark gloss tigereye finish (difficult to photograph! Changes from Amber to Choc Brown depending on the light). Straplocks. Weight is around the 11.5 to 12lb mark.

Bass is in virtually new condition having spent 99.99% of its life either in a case or hanging on my wall. Has a few tiny fingernail scratches in the finish, but nothing that wouldn't polish out (and I can't get them to show up in a photograph). No dents that I can find. Since arriving from the Shuker workshop it has been out of the house just once (and only out of the case for 1 song on that trip!) and has never been gigged. Includes Shuker embossed hard case.

Cost in the region of £1800 (plus case). I'd really like £1000 for it. No trades thanks (unless you have a Fender Roscoe Beck V and then we might talk!). I'm based in Northern Ireland but will split postage. Further pictures on request.

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:116354]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:116353]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:116352]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:116351]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:116350]

Cheers

Ian