Why become a member? ×

FS: Gallien Krueger 700RBII head *SOLD*

[s][size=3][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Hey guys[/font][/size]

[size=3][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]I've decided to put my Gallien Kreuger 700RB mk 2 head up for sale. When I originally bought this, I was looking to try and grit up my tone and get that Geddy Lee/Eddie Jackson/James LoMenzo style of driven tone but after doing a few gigs with it, I've realised it's not the one for me. I love it for the clean tone but I need something a lot more gritty which is why I've decided to go for a Sansamp RPM pre amp or Ampeg SVT Pro 3. Go for what I wanted in the first place (especially as I am getting a nice tax re-bate next month so some of that can go towards whatever I choose).[/font][/size]

[size=3][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Price wise, i'm looking for £275 plus postage (or cash on collection is welcome. I'll even make you a cuppa tea/coffee whilst you try out the amp. I'm based between Milton Keynes and Luton). Either that or if someone wants to do a straight swap for a Sansamp RPM, i'll do that. Other trades I'll look at is an Ampeg SVT Pro 3 with cash from me to make up the difference. I'll post some pictures later but as for condition, the front, top and sides are absolutely fine but on the back corners, there's a bit of damage where it was knocked in transit. I do have a photo of this: [/font][/size]

[size=3][/size]

[size=3]It doesn't affect the amp in any way at all but the price is set as it is to reflect the damage. I had the amp looked over by the guys at a music shop in Bedford just to make sure there was nothing wrong with it and they said it was all absolutely fine. End of the day, once this amp is in a rack case or whatever, you won't see it. I've used it for about 10 gigs now and it's never let me down once. Not that I expected it to haha.[/size]

[size=3][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Anyway, I'm sure you're all familiar with the Gallien Krueger 700rb II? Just in case you're not, here's the spiel from their website about it:[/font][/size]

[b] [size=3]Features[/size][/b][/s][list]
[*][s][size=3]Extremely high-current power supply[/size][/s]
[*][s][size=3]High-current power amp circuitry[/size][/s]
[*][s][size=3]480W to woofer[/size][/s]
[*][s][size=3]50W to horn[/size][/s]
[*][s][size=3]Electronic crossover for seamless 2-way sound[/size][/s]
[*][s][size=3]4 bass-specific bands of active EQ[/size][/s]
[*][s][size=3]5/4 string voicing filters[/size][/s]
[*][s][size=3]Ultra low-noise input section >90dB S/N[/size][/s]
[*][s][size=3]Clip LED[/size][/s]
[*][s][size=3]10dB pad[/size][/s]
[*][s][size=3]Mute switch with LED[/size][/s]
[*][s][size=3]Output Section:[/size][/s]
[*][s][size=3]Boost[/size][/s]
[*][s][size=3]Tweeter Level with Hi-Cut Switch[/size][/s]
[*][s][size=3]Woofer Level with Crossover Switch[/size][/s]
[*][s][size=3]Direct Out:[/size][/s]
[*][s][size=3]XLR[/size][/s]
[*][s][size=3]Ground lift[/size][/s]
[*][s][size=3]Pre/Post Switch[/size][/s]
[*][s][size=3]Level control[/size][/s]
[*][s][size=3]Patching: Send, return, and tuner out[/size][/s]
[*][s][size=3]2 - 1/4" and 2 biamp connect[/size][/s]
[/list]
[size=3]Sold via facebook, thanks anyway![/size]

Edited by StevieD_FenderP2009

Stevie - just to note, the rules have changed to only allow 36hr bumping. So, once you bump we're asking people to count off the 36hrs before they bump again. More information can be found [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/183234-rule-changes-to-marketplace-36-hour-bumping-rule-and-trade-valuations/"]here[/url].

It's brand new, so it's just doing the rounds, but we're trying to respond to feedback from members.

On the bright side, you get a free bump whilst I tell you this :)