Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Sellers to check 'wanted' section?

Paul S

[quote name='Beer of the Bass' timestamp='1345457310' post='1777611']
I don't bother with it myself, but you can set eBay to save your regular searches and send notifications of any matching results. Some people find it useful. If it's all such a waste of time, what are you even doing reading this thread?
[/quote]

I think this would be a worthwhile function that would help in certain circumstances. Some people can't feverishly check the for sale forums everyday and posting in the wanted ads is no guarantee of being in the queue when the item appears. A wee email to let someone know that a barefaced compact has just come up for sale for example would probably be welcomed, as they only seem to last an hour before being snapped up.

Of course, I have no idea how much coding etc would be required for this function so if it's not feasible no bother. Just a long winded way of saying "this".

Edited by Commando Jack

[quote name='Rick's Fine '52' timestamp='1345452621' post='1777541']
[size=3][font=Verdana][color=#000000]Well, it’s hardly a ‘new’ concept is it? The whole ‘For Sale section/Wanted section’ thingy. It doesn’t really need a ‘user guide’[/color][/font][/size]

[size=3][font=Verdana][color=#000000]If there’s something you’re looking for, have a look in the For Sale section, if you don’t see anything, post in the Wanted section. If you have something for sale, have a look in the Wanted section, if there’s nothing there, post in the For Sale section.[/color][/font][/size]

[size=3][font=Verdana][color=#000000]This is obviously up to the individual though, as they can do as they please, and there may be numerous reasons why someone doesn’t want to do that. [/color][/font][/size]

[size=3][font=Verdana][color=#000000]As for adapting programmes and software to recognise common words, and send flag messages etc, Christ, do we really need to waste time doing something I assumed, wrongly, could be done by the human brain, by the individual.[/color][/font][/size]

[/quote]

Now that you actually put your thoughts into words, yes, I see what you mean now. We seem to think pretty much the same, if you read the thread. We disagree about the automatic search thingy. I guess you've never used those. I use automatic alerts constantly, to let me know when there's new papers published on certain areas etc. I use them on gumtree and on eBay. It means I can use my brain for something more interesting than typing the same keywords again and again in a box. But hey, do whatever makes you happy! :lol:

[quote name='Rick's Fine '52' timestamp='1345459239' post='1777630']
You're obviously right.

Actually, I've banned myself from most sections of this forum, certainly anything remotely off-topic, as opinions aren't allowed. Also, many people have opinions that they believe to be fact. Some people are over-sensitive, and get too easily offended, and many people are just dumb.

The 'Site Issues' topic is now also in that category for me.

Consider me out, as you say, I've already wasted far too much of my life talking about this particular tosh.
[/quote]

No my friend, opinions are cool.
Attitude, however...
Please, let me hold the door for you.

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1345477638' post='1777926']
No my friend, opinions are cool.
Attitude, however...
Please, let me hold the door for you.
[/quote]

Opinions [i]aren't[/i] cool on most off-topic sections of basschat, it's for that reason that most of the 'bass folk' don't touch it, or are leaving alltogether (See various other threads).

You're right about the 'attitude' though, which is why I'm leaving, you can close the door now.

[quote name='Rick's Fine '52' timestamp='1345478059' post='1777934']
Opinions [i]aren't[/i] cool on most off-topic sections of basschat, it's for that reason that most of the 'bass folk' don't touch it, or are leaving alltogether (See various other threads).
[/quote]

of course :rolleyes: