Why become a member? ×

Using Geometric Shapes Within Your Bass Lines - Lesson with Scott Devine

devinebass

Hey guys, time for another lesson... I'm on a roll at the moment lol!

This week I was teaching a guy who was simply AMAZING at reading music... seriously... he could make music by reading the dead flies on your windshield!

He's a professional bass player who mostly does theatre shows and musicals where reading music is an essential skill. But... he was really struggling with creating his own bass lines, grooves and fills.

I sat down with him and chatted for a while about what the issue could be, and within a few minutes it was obvious...

He was making the same old mistake many players do. In fact, in the past this is something I suffered from too.

Here's a clue... It's all about geometric shapes... ;)... Geometric shapes!?? Yep... Take a look at the lesson [url="http://scottsbasslessons.com/geometric-shapes-within-your-bass-lines"]HERE[/url].

PS. Within this new lesson I'm using a funky backing track that you can download from my website... details are on the video.

[url="http://scottsbasslessons.com/geometric-shapes-within-your-bass-lines"]Brand New Video Lesson.[/url]

Over and out,

Scott.

This video is a great demonstration of the number of cool fills that can be found in just a couple of notes.

The temptation is to go whizzing around the fingerboard to play something that sounds good, but I've lost track of the number of times I've worked out something that sounds complicated and found it's actually just a few notes that were already under my fingers just waiting to be played.

And anther thanks for all the useful videos!