Why become a member? ×

FS/FT: EMG P5J & BTC system

I have an old unloved bass in the corner that I never play and may brutalize in the near future. That said, it sports the following that I wish to sell or trade -

one set of black EMG P5J pickups - the ones specifically for 5 string bass - hooked up to a BTC system (volume, blend, stacked bass & treble), wired to two battery clips for 18v max headroom.

The covers are a little worn, but it's all in good working condition. This stuff costs around £200 new so I'm looking for £120 ono.

Will also consider a trade for a nice Alnico MM humbcuker (or two!) such as a nordstrand mm4.2 or seymour duncan smb-4a etc

Pics up later...

[quote name='Mabrothrax' timestamp='1344860098' post='1770156']
Nope, it's a BTC. Stacked bass and treble, volume, blend. Sorry.

Would prefer to sell them as a unit.

Pics soon... having mild family crisis as the wife has just returned home with a cast on her hand :shok:
[/quote]

Ok, thanks, I need the BQC

Best of luck with the sale :)

Are these the active p/ups - sorry if it's a stupid question, not that familiar with EMG gear and some websites are banned at work.

I think it's just dawned on me that this is a P/J set when I'm after a J/J setup :(

Edited by ead

[quote name='ead' timestamp='1344864583' post='1770260']
Are these the active p/ups - sorry if it's a stupid question, not that familiar with EMG gear and some websites are banned at work.

I think it's just dawned on me that this is a P/J set when I'm after a J/J setup :(
[/quote]

Yep, active. very active. in fact EMGs have the preamp bit in the pickup itself unless I'm very much mistaken, making them genuinely active pickups rather than the more common passive pickups & active preamp combo.

• 2 weeks later...