Why become a member? ×

*WITHDRAWN* Markbass LMII + Korg DTR2000 + DBX 166XL + Boschma Rack

Gadge

Up for sale is my much-loved Markbass rack, surplus to requirements now despite sounding awesome through my Barefaced Compact (and I will miss it a lot)!

It has been in my tender care since August 2009 and previously, in the safe hands of Peter (GreeneKing) – if you take a look at the pics I think you'll agree that it's not far off being mint (click to open a new page with other larger pics).

[center][url="http://247p.co.uk/lmiirack"][/url][/center]

Everything is ready to roll as it's all prewired – take off the covers front and back, plug in the mains lead, plug your bass lead into the Korg's input, plug your favourite cab(s) into the amp and switch on for some audio dynamite! It also looks fantastic when everything is lit up! :sun_bespectacled:

Payment in cash and collection is preferred (from Northants, or maybe somwhere en route) as I still have the boxes and manuals as well. Shipping is also possible, at your expense – I'm used to packing valuable gear and I use a shipping agent that I trust, but you won't get the original boxes for the three main items if the rack is shipped! Insurance for this will be in region of £18-£23 (for mainland UK) on top of courier charge, £10 upwards depending on service and carrier.

[center][color=#ff0000][size=5][b]No longer available as a complete rig – LMII & Boschma sold[/b][/size][/color][/center]

Edited by Gadge

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your interest. I apologise for the slow response – I was expecting an email notification and didn't get one!

The manufacture date on the back of the amp (which can be seen in the gallery pics) is 01-2007 and serial: SE300203. I'm not sure how much gigging Peter (GreeneKing) did with it, probably very little, which is also true of me (about 5 in total). Other than those, it's been used at home sparingly ...

I apologise for the slow reply – once again I don't understand why I'm not receiving email notifications of replies to this topic but, as the forum software has been upgraded since I was last a regular visitor, maybe I have a misconfiguration?! All the 'email' boxes are ticked ... :angry:

I apologise for the digression! Yes, an R500 would fit in the 2U slot currently taken by the LMII, if you have the rack ears for it? But you wouldn't have clearance to run an input jack lead through from the inside of the case (as is now) unless you cut away a rack ear ...

I'm still reluctant to split this rig because I don't immediately have a prospective buyer for the LMII. However, I have the original box, manual, rack ears etc – any watchers here interested in my LMII, separately?

Also, to turn this around, can I ask LC if you ever read [url="http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f15/markbass-r500-f1-lmii-shootout-376454/"]this shoot-out on Talkbass for R500, F1 and LMII[/url]? Have you compared the R500 with an LMII? You could buy this complete rig and make a comparison, then sell the one you prefer not to keep? ;)

Hi Gadge,

Thanks for the reply and the points you make are all valid. I don't presently have any rack ears for the R500 but I'm sure I could lay my hands on some. The review on Talk Bass I had read before and it's all fair comment. I played through an LMII at our last rehearsal (paired with a crappy old Peavey cab admittedly) and I still prefer the 'old school' tones of the R500 plus it suits the stuff that I play which is mainly classic rock. I believe the 'R' stands for Rock?.

Still very interested in the deal minus the Amp if you can find a buyer for it.

Thanks again,

LC

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

UPDATE: I've had a few enquiries about splitting the rig but these haven't panned out, so the complete rig is still available – I would still prefer to sell it complete and, in my view, it ticks all the right boxes with the tuner and noise gate/compressor included.

So as a final enticement to anyone still fence-sitting on this, [b]I've dropped the price to [size=5]£500[/size][/b], cash upon collection, shipping extra as previously mentioned, or willing to meet elsewhere (with some fuel money added).

• 3 weeks later...

[center][color=#ff0000][size=5][b]No longer available as a complete rig – LMII & Boschma sold[/b][/size][/color][/center]

[b]I will probably advertise the Korg DTR2000 and DBX 166XL in separate ads, shortly, but will accept offers in the meantime. Both units are boxed with manuals and in excellent condition. Thank you to those who contacted me previously ...[/b]