Why become a member? ×

Left handed precision/ray/sabre control plate?!

Mabrothrax

right, I'm working on a frankenbass (MM+P) and so far it's going well and is pushing me to take it further.

I want a metal control plate. Specifically, three (or four) holes with three smaller holes for switches. It needs to be [b]Left Handed[/b], which is where the issue lies.

The holy grail would be a Sabre control plate (or copy of):

I've seen these p-bass plates on ebay, have asked the sellers how they look flipped over, both giving negative responses...

Then there's the classic stingray plate:

As far as I know the're asymmetrical and might not look right rotated 180 degrees.

So, where if anywhere can I get a left handed sabre/p-bass/stignray control plate? Alternatively, where can I get one (or more) made?

Thanks.

This thread from a few weeks ago is for something similar and may be worth following up:
http://basschat.co.uk/topic/181426-is-anyone-out-there-awesome-enough-to-make-me-one-of-these

• 1 month later...

If the control plate is not bevelled and is flat edged it might be possible to reverse it and have the screw holes on other side counter-sunk.
Im also a lefty and was talking to a guitar tech who said he could make one in plastic, any colour for around 20 quid.
Making it in metal would be a much bigger job given the tools required.

• 4 weeks later...

If you're still after a control plate there are a couple on ebay. They are not listed as left-handed but if you look at them it seems a simple case of unscewing the 3 bolts holding the pots and jack connection and simply moving them around to suit as whole thing is symmetrical. Choice of chrome, gold or black.