Why become a member? ×

Basschat Blog - Lick of the Week 02

Davemarks

Hey guys and girls,

My second lick of the week is on the blog.

This one's a smooth, melodic fill that works great over a minor chord.

http://blog.basschat.co.uk/dave-marks-lick-of-the-week-02/

Also, I've just spotted a rather fabulous video on Youtube in which Patryk Sznajdrowicz creates a sweet funk groove and then works in Lick of the Week #1!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnYZGjcv1a0

Great to hear someone incorporating this lick into their playing - I'd love to see more videos!

Also, if any of you have any requests for the 'type' of licks you'd like to see (style, key, technique etc) comment on my blog posts - I'm all ears.... :-)

Dave

Hi Dave

I've really enjoyed these couple of videos - one request though, when referring to specific notes could you use the note name rather than the fret position? We've already got the tab elsewhere in the clip, having the note named connects the dots (sorry) between tab and notation.

Good point, well raised. :-)

I've shot the first 8 / 9 videos in one set, so that gets us through the first 2 months, but after that, I'll mention the note names.

Initially, i didn't want to scare off people who don't know their fretboard too well..... y'know - lull them into a false sense of security and then BAM - hit them with note names for a lick in F# Major :-)))

Dm