Why become a member? ×

Orange Bass Terror paired with what cab??

thebassman

I've just got a terror bass 500 and i'm using an Ashdown Mag 115 and a MAG410t. Together they get the full 500W split between them (i.e. switch set to 4ohm). The 410 can handle the full 500 on its own (when switch set to 8ohm). The single mag410 is ridiculously loud and sounds immense in rehearsals (gain and volume only set to number 3 . Yet to gig the full stack because we are auditioning singers. Tempted to get an obc 15 but bit costly. I do fancy an orange cab though. BTW, my current band only has a rubbish p.a. at the moment, so back line provides the thunder for pubs and clubs.

Edited by chapsimon

[quote name='thebassman' timestamp='1344276459' post='1762163']
I don't have pa support, so it probably wouldnt be right for me then.
I might take a look at one of the Super cabs or even the big twin.
Cheers
Thebassman
[/quote]

I spoke to Alex at Barefaced last night, he recommended me the Super 12/12T.
That is also based on a lot of other factors, including What Bass, Strings, playing style, gig environments etc.

I feel pretty confident now that this would cover all situations for me, i don't really want to have different cabs or number of cabs for small, medium or large venues....... too much to think about. I have always got my modded Orange crush cab for really small gigs and home rehearsals.

I am still up for suggestions of other manufacturers cab though.

cheers

thebassman

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='grunge666' timestamp='1346107082' post='1785491']
Super Twelve all the way.
A righteous pairing!
(Alex will be pleased I sold my SVT3Pro!)

The settings shown are what I use live - without a PA - Vol & Gain only @ 9'Oclock and the S12 has the headroom to take it all the way up.

[/quote]

Looks like a really nice set-up.
I went for the Compact and midget T combination in the end. It may well be a compromise, but it sounds great.

Can you zoom in on your Orange TB settings?, i can't quite see what the tone levels are set at.
I have my bass tone rolled off to virtually Zero.
I know my OTB has had the valves swapped out though, so this might change things.
cheers
thebassman

• 1 month later...

I have my OTB set up with a 410 LHF portaflex cab, which makes it relatively easy to get around.

the head sounds immense through this cab and packs a serious punch. pushes out a serious amount of attack and suites me down to the ground as i play mostly punk/hardcore/metal and does the job in my band.

I put an OD3 Boss pedal in front of it too get some serious crunch. with the HF horn at the mid setting point the cab and amp sound soo soo good.

could not be happier!