Why become a member? ×

Newbie from Preston

musicman999

Just a line to say hello to everyone in Basschat world .Joined approx a week ago

Quick introduction - started playing the bass again 3 years ago after a 20 year layoff .Presently just jamming with a few guys,ramming as much theory that a middle aged brain will take, and looking to taking some lessons and take it to the next level.Played a few open mike nights and charity gigs.Into most styles,but lean towards the funkier side -60's/70's soul,70's jazz funk,80's and 90's pop.Eventually I'd like to get into/get together a function band that's not bothered about the money, but would be prepared to play charity do's and the like.

Equipment wise I have a Yamaha BB414 which I do all my practicing on (great bass for the money) and this goes through a Roland 30 Cube.
Gigs and open mikes- a trusty 1993 Musicman Stringray through a Yamaha BBT500 1x15 Combo. Just treated myself to a Marleaux Consat 4 string which is a great out and out funk bass.

I contribute Bass tabs to www.ttabs.com -recent ones Boz Scaggs,Sting,Gibson Bros,Sade,Simply Red ,so check them out and let me know if I'm doing the bass world an injustice or not !!

Cheers Phil
Musicman999

[quote name='kennyrodg' post='186660' date='Apr 27 2008, 06:42 PM']Hi Phill,
welcome from another prestonian.im glad to see that 70's jazz funk's on your list of favourites,mine too.
For lessons i'd me happy to recomend nick carey,he's on here.check out he tutor thread and drop him a line.[/quote]

Thanks for the recommendation .Dropped Nick and email to see if he has any tuition slots available.

Cheers Phil