Why become a member? ×

SOLD Great Cheap Valve Rig SOLD

Mykesbass

NOW SOLD

[url="http://s1137.photobucket.com/albums/n512/Mykesbass/Peavey%20Rig/"]http://s1137.photobu...s/Peavey%20Rig/[/url]

Unfortunately, due to the onset of arthritis making it really difficult for me to lift and carry I need to change my Peavey Classic 120w valve power amp/Peavey TG Raxx valve pre-amp racked rig for something much lighter.

It is not a stupidly heavy set up, just too much for my dodgy hands.

OK, the TG Raxx is officially a guitar pre amp. I queried this when I bought it from stevebasshead on here and having asked around, everyone seems to agree that the G Raxx and B Raxx were one and the same just labelled differently. Having been gigging it for a year now I can categorically say that it is a great bass pre-amp. SImple to use yet loads of room for adjustment. plent of really nice well defined bottom end. I've used it for full bandf gigs in big rooms (300 ish) to small acoustic gigs and have found great, suitable tones for all.

The 120 watt power amp has delivered everything I have needed for pubs and small clubs.

I absolutely love this set up and genuinely wouldn't be getting rid of it if it wasn't for the problems I'm having with my hands. It is not crazy heavy, even with both units racked in the Citronic 6u rack.

The Citronic isn't the best rack on the market, does rattle a little but only noticeable in quieter moments. The front and back fittings could match up a little better but it does th ejob of securely holding the whole lot together.

No idea when either were re-valved, power amp was from Beedster and he didn't know either, but has all been behaving very well, no sign of impending failure.

Looking for somewhere in the region of £300 for the whole rig, will consider seperating if offers for all individula parts come in simultaneously.

Cheers,
Mike

Edited by Mykesbass