Why become a member? ×

FT: Overwater Perception Deluxe+

Muzz

OK, so this lovely Overwater was mine a couple of years ago, and in the intervening period became pretty much the only bass I'd regretted selling, then recently it popped up in a trade, and I couldn't resist. All very coincidental, written in the stars, etc, etc.

Unfortunately, what I've learnt from this exercise is sometimes you can't go back, and that nostalgia ain't what it used to be. It's still a really, really nice bass, terrific woods, plays a dream and has lots of sounds from the 3-band active EQ. Sadly, it suits me like a fish suits a motorbike, and now I remember why I moved it on in the first place: it's waaaay too nice to have sitting around in its case unused. In the great traditions of relationship breakup, it isn't you, it's me: I am an uncouth passive-EQ, split-coil oik and this bass is just too sophisticated for me.

IIRC correctly (and I'll check later) it's a 2007, mahogany body with a really nice burr poplar top, with a 2mm black maple laminate between the two. Three piece maple neck (matching headstock veneer), rosewood board, Hipshot bridge, Overwater pups and 3-band active EQ with pull bright, locking jack. Weighs 8lb 12 or so (according to my scales), very slim gloss finish neck. Comes with a Hiscox hard case, and has been restrung yesterday with D'Addario Nickels. On the OW website, this sort of thing would set you back £2280.

In these straightened times, I think a trade would be more use than an outright sale, so let's see what anyone might have for this one. I'd put it at £1000 for trade value, but I'm not looking for Fenders, super-Jazzes or anything with more than 4 strings, and maple boards are far more me than rosewood. Possibly trade for a Walkabout head or a Barefaced S12 cab, as I have all-new GAS to deal with...

Anyhoo, all PMs answered, more pics available, etc, etc.

Cheers.

Edited by Muzz

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...