Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Washburn XB600 6 String Bass (with Duncan STC-3 Preamp)

Shaker

This is my (very) bright red Washburn XB-600 with the Seymour Duncan STC-3 preamp.

As you can see it is a bolt on model with JJ type pickups, J Bass string spacing and also quite rare to have the matching headstock!.

The good bits

It plays fantastically well, has a low. buzz free, action, set up by Jim Fleeting, and is currently strung with D'Addario 25-130 Nickels.
It has a Seymour Duncan STC-3 preamp, with Volume (with the pull 'Slap' switch), Blend, T&B (on concentric pots) and Mid. All pots (except Volume) have centre detents (That's nearly £80 worth of preamp!) and it sounds awesome.

[attachment=113128:washburn1.JPG]

The bad bits

The body looks like it has had an interesting life. To be fair you would never need to worry about scratching it:)
The pickups have quite a low output. That said the SD preamp turns this into a tone-monster!

[attachment=113129:washburn2.JPG]

In summary

Sounds fantastic, records beautifully and looks characterful. A highly cost effective 6 string.

This has no case but I will pack it very very well. Happy to answer any questions.

A complete bargain at £125 plus postage. Happy if you want to pick it up too.

Shaker

Edited by Shaker

I used to have an XB600 bantam in red which really was a great bass. Had it for 6 years and it travelled the country with me and never put a foot wrong!

I'd love to have this if I was allowed to buy another bass. My fiancée would have my nuts; we're saving for a wedding innit :(

Good luck with the sale, this is a real bargain!

Truckstop

The old 'nuts v. bass' conundrum. I understand the difficulty.

Looking at it dispassionately, the bass probably sounds better plugged into an SVT than the nuts, and is certainly tonally much more flexible...it does have an SD preamp :)

Truckstop is correct, this is an absolute bargain price for a gem of a bass.

Shaker

Edited by Shaker