Why become a member? ×

Yamaha RBX-170 for sale (now £100 o.n.o)

TBBassist2011

Hi everyone, I'm deciding to sell my first bass sadly, the Yamaha RBX170.

There's a few marks and scuffs on the body and a slight indentation on the 10th fret at the edge of the fretboard at the G string, the dent of which was because of my local music shop storing it recklessly and letting it get hit the past few months, which is why I've taken it back and decided to sell it on here. I only used it for a few months and the string are in quite good shape, but I've got a set of Rotosound Jazz's that I'd be happy to put on before sale if you wanted. Since getting it back, I've worked on the bass as I found there were a lot of problems with contact and buzz between the strings and the pickups. The bass had not previously been set up, either that or the pickups had been raised by the original owner. The strings when played often made contact with the pickups, so I have onset them slightly (lowered them) , and I'm just finishing that piece of work, then that problem should be eliminated and make a nice purchase for someone.
This bass has really served me well, the neck is excellent, comfortable and the build and body feels really solid and I've kept it very well, often in a gig-bag or in a protected area. The jack, electronics are all solid and it is a very good bass on its own, and a great starter bass for someone.

I'm looking for around [s]£110 [/s][b]£100[/b] o.n.o , I'll upload pictures soon.

Cheers.

Edited by TBBassist2011

Warms my heart...Exactly the same make, model and finish as my 1st bass...10 long years ago.
Still near and dear.
Pretty solid for their price and will take a newbie up to...Well...It has 24 frets, P/J combination. In the world of 4-string bass this can do ANYTHING!
From beginner to Wooten.

I remember picking this up as my first bass for a fair price and I loved it and it's served me very well, I would hang on to it but I need to cut down on the amount of guitars around the house and looking for a 6 stringer so having to reluctantly sell. The neck is a really nice shape and has a very smooth feel and you can achieve a great tone out of it once you start playing. Like you said, it can do anything!

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...