Why become a member? ×

NBD - Squier VM Jaguar

basshead56

Hi All,

After weeks of waiting for the parts to arrive so I could finish off my 73 Precision rebuild, I got bored and had a look around for a cheap bass to use for a couple of band projects, (saving my 77 for recording) when i came across a second-hand Squier VM Jag for not much money.
Naturally I jumped at the chance!

It arrived this afternoon (with hardcase)
Took her out and gave her a lookover-VERY nice on first inspection. Good set-up, same strings as when it left the factory I imagine...

Plugged into the Mesa rig- no scratchy pots or issues of any kind - sounds big and phat!

Love the vintage tone! I've owned PJ basses before and usually found them lacking somewhat in punch (bar my oly white 78 P) but there's a real thump from this one!

I love the neck, though I think this is just making me consider picking up another Jazz (after years of Precisions)!

Overall, this is a seriously great bit of kit for the money! I imagine it'll be replacing the Dano as my weapon of choice for most of my live stuff now (bar the odd appearance from a Precision or two ;))

Will have a serious going over at rehearsal tonight...

Pics to follow, (otherwise it never happened, right?!)

Am quite keen to know what others think, so any thoughts from fellow Jag-enthusiasts?
Also, am keen to add a Jazz-style ashtray/bridge cover- anyone done this?
What other mods have people done to theirs

Cheers guys
Colin