Why become a member? ×

Warwick Thumb 5 BO Broad neck * WITHDRAWN *

Clarky

Hi all, I liked a Warwick Thumb I acquired recently so much I foolishly sold it to buy a 5-string version, thinking I would finally have a go at mastering 5 string (and prompted by flamenco bass players - my latest fad - tending to play 5/6 string Warwicks). Cutting to the chase, I picked up this broadneck (a custom option) 2001 Thumb 5 BO in generally excellent condition from a Belgian BC'er (it looks like new bar one small crack in headstock near the low B tuner which doesn't seem to present any problem at all). Well, here's a surprise, yet again I've decided my brain cannot adjust between 4 and 5 strings. Yes, I know ... that makes it the 3rd such FS thread today on BC in which a chatter has announced defeat at the hands of the low B string!

So I would like to sell this for as close to the Euro 1,300 I paid (about £1,050) as possible - £1,000 is my price. Alternatively I would consider a trade for a Warwick Thumb (4 string only!) with cash adjustment my way, assuming its a BO

There are several good photos in the original FS thread: [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/174786-fsft-warwick-thumb-5-string-bo-broadneck-custom-shop-option/page__p__1674992__hl__broadneck__fromsearch__1#entry1674992"]http://basschat.co.u..._1#entry1674992[/url] BTW, it comes in the heavy-as-hell Warwick aluminium flight case and I have some Warwick tools + manual (not from this bass but given to me by the Bass Gallery). Given the weight of the case, I would prefer a handover/collection (I am in London) but postage is possible.

PS, the bass itself weighs 10.6 pounds and the broadneck string spacing (20mm) is designed to be close to that of a Precision

Cheers Clarky

[attachment=112463:p1010101rl.jpg]

Edited by Clarky

Clarky - can't believe you're selling it! And given up on the flamenco?!!

I bought his Thumb he 'foolishly sold' :) and Clarky is a top guy to deal with. I've seen and played his 5-string and it's a beautiful bass both in sound and looks.

Good luck with the sale buddy.

[quote name='lettsguitars' timestamp='1341701941' post='1723085']
I cant see what the issue is with 5 strings or more. Just keep on going where you would normally stop.
[/quote]
I use visual clues when playing and the 5th string just throws me when I glance at my left hand

Couple of photos taken in today's gloomy light (note: I have added some removable adhesive dot markers for the vast expanse of fingerboard!)

[attachment=113137:P1050175.JPG][attachment=113138:P1050176.JPG]

Prefer a trade against a Thumb 4 (with cash my way, assuming its a BO) but would also trade against a quality portable EUB (Mo Clifton, SLB200), with the emphasis on portable (as I have bigger DBs already)