Why become a member? ×

Overwater Perception 5 Widthdrawn !

BassMan94

I might be being a bit slow but I can't quite understand what's been repaired.

Can you explain what the exact nature of the repair is? What happened to the bass and what has been done to rectify it, I'm quite interested in this but could just do with a bit more info.

many thanks

Martin

[quote name='MartyBRebelMC' timestamp='1342803208' post='1741315']
I might be being a bit slow but I can't quite understand what's been repaired.

Can you explain what the exact nature of the repair is? What happened to the bass and what has been done to rectify it, I'm quite interested in this but could just do with a bit more info.

many thanks

Martin
[/quote]

Pm'd Mate

[quote name='BassMan94' timestamp='1342806116' post='1741368']
Pm'd Mate
[/quote]
Well, I don't want to sound rude since I'm not really interested, but this somehow sounds like there's something shady with that bass or at least it doesn't really feel right. If the bass was broken and repaired once, I believe you should provide as much info as possible to all potential buyers rather than playing hide and seek.

[quote name='kurcatovium' timestamp='1342874888' post='1742179']

Well, I don't want to sound rude since I'm not really interested, but this somehow sounds like there's something shady with that bass or at least it doesn't really feel right. If the bass was broken and repaired once, I believe you should provide as much info as possible to all potential buyers rather than playing hide and seek.
[/quote]

LOl, the only reason i pm'd was because there are also a few more answers I wanted to give about the bass. I dont want to sound rude as well but the amount of "thick" questions I have recieved e.g. will the bass fall into 2 at a gig is beyond me. Here is what I wrote just incase anyone thinks there is something up with the bass:

'The nature of the repair is that the previous owner, Scooby had cracked it in the front of the body due to an accident whilst he was cleaning the bass. (I think it fell off the table or something along the lines of that). As you can see the line on the bass, barely shows where the bass actually fell and was repaired. The repair was supervised by Overwaters own Chris May, so it's not a local luthier that did the job.

I've had manu people ask me about the repair such as "Will it spontaneously break into 2?" or things along the lines of that. I can guarantee that nothing of the sort would happen as the repair was done using wood epoxy which is a strong bond.

Sound wise the bass is phenomenal, never ever had a bass like this before. super versatile.
The most recent thing that was done to the bass was a checkup (electronics) that the previous owner, Pete had done from a local luthier. Other than that the bass is faultless.

Sorry for the long reply just wanted to get the facts through and save you time asking. If theres anything else let me know'

Hope thay clears it up for you and everyone else

If there is anyone who is interested but holding back due to the repair, come and have a go and judge for yourself ! Im free most of the days so give me a shout. Playing it should clear up all the misconceptions revolving around the bass

The sound samples are great and at this price, the bass is very good value indeed, IMHO.

With regards to the repair, work, it's understandable that potential buyers will have concerns.. I know i would. Worries about what will happen to the bass over time or even, worries about the potential re-sale value of it, have to be taken into account before commiting to buy.. Having said that, I had a very lovely BC RIch Eagle a long time ago that had a repair done on a broken neck by a very skilled luthier, and after that work was done, the neck was even stronger!

I'm sure that if Chris at Overwater oversaw the repair on this bass, then the work will be of a high standard.. It stands to reason that the quality of any work that he authorises to come out of his workshop will HAVE to meet his exacting professional requirements, especially on one of his own basses.

Good luck with the sale!