Why become a member? ×

Thinking about EUB...

surfinbernard

[quote name='bremen' timestamp='1342711866' post='1739806']
It'd keep the sun off your head anyway.

Thanks for the strings info. Strings on mine are, well, OK...feel like the flats on my EB but don't sound very double-bassy.
[/quote]

Yep thats the babies. They are (apparently/allegedly etc) the bench mark string for piz / jazz etc. So there is nothing out the ordinary with them. Its not like your first electric bass strung with flats and your wondering why it sounds so dull. However I must warn you I know squat about double bass strings so dont take my word for it please. I got all my stuff from Talkbass DB forum. That killed a few dark rainy evenings I can tell you. Its immense (In the true sense of the word). I got the medium ones (3885,0). Middle of the middle of the DB string world. Probably a good start. They sound pretty good to me and they come in a big box to. Its twice the size of electric bass strings. Which is cool :D (Thats how much a noobie I am ;) )

EDIT: These are just like flats in feel and construction to but are a hell of a lot better quality.

A

Edited by apa

[quote name='thunderbird13' timestamp='1342779384' post='1740751']
One other thing about the Stagg is why does it have a strap button at the heel of the neck. I'm presuming its for a strap ( the clues in the name :) ) but are you meant to wear a shoulder strap with it - and has anyone dared to do this in public !
[/quote]

Its for a strap that goes around your neck like sax players etc.

A

[quote name='apa' timestamp='1342779610' post='1740755']
Its for a strap that goes around your neck like sax players etc.

A
[/quote]

Weird! Why?

Thanks for the string info. I'm also participating in the Innovation trial offer - I actually had a loan of their Golden Slaps (fnarr! fnarr!) but didn't get a chance to try them, hoping to get a new nut and another chance before long.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='bremen' timestamp='1342780088' post='1740765']
Weird! Why?

Thanks for the string info. I'm also participating in the Innovation trial offer - I actually had a loan of their Golden Slaps (fnarr! fnarr!) but didn't get a chance to try them, hoping to get a new nut and another chance before long.
[/quote]

I suppose it saves you from putting it on its stand while not playing etc.

A