Why become a member? ×

Versatile Brum drummer available

Jakester

Not really sure what I'm looking for, TBH. I currently play drums in a great funk band, but I'm always up for new and different stuff as well. I'm easy-going but I really hate endless noodly rehearsals with no gigging, so I'd like to hook up with either an established band or people used to playing with different players regularly.

I love playing jazz, so anything straight ahead jazz would be great, or even swing/big band too (lots of trio, quartet, big band experience over the years). My absolute ideal would be a hammond based funk-jazz outfit!!

Anything bluesy, or soul-related might be good too - I'd love to slot into a good soul function band outfit, if there's one about.

Wouldn't mind depping/subbing for interesting gigs as one or two-offs too - I love a challenge, and as long as its covers, I can usually get the set down pretty quickly.

I'm not really into heavy rock, metal or punk though, but again if it's different or interesting (mebbe Zed Lep Cream, Purple style stuff) I could be persuaded.

Of course, there's funk too - but you'd have to go some way to top my current outfit (and I'm not looking to leave it) and whilst I love funk stuff, it'd have to be different to what I'm doing now.

So- basically - I love a challenge, I love jazz, blues, soul, funk, classic rock, happy to dep so hit me up with what you've got and I'll get back to you. I know a wide range of musicians so even if I can't do what you're after, I could probably put you in touch with someone.

Thas for reading!

Jake