Why become a member? ×

Allparts 5 string bass neck

davidlovellbass

Don't know if anyone else has seen these and wondered why they can sell a neck without a body? Or even own one and can say which body they've fitted it to. It looks like it'd fit a standard usa 5 but with the difference in inches from imperial to american i'm not quite sure. I certainly won't be buying it from Allparts UK, for £300ish i could get one from Warmoth including the shipping and finish or not with ceratin woods and know which body i can fit on

[quote name='davidlovellbass' timestamp='1340662289' post='1707900']
It looks like it'd fit a standard usa 5 but with the difference in inches from imperial to american i'm not quite sure.
[/quote]

I'm really not sure that is an issue. The USCS standard is something like 0.002% different to the international standard (which is what we use), or about 1/8" to the mile. Possibly a problem if you work for NASA but not much of an issue if you are building guitars :)

Edited by EdwardHimself

[quote name='davidlovellbass' timestamp='1340907379' post='1711437']
If NASA was to make a bass it be amazing,
[/quote]

It certainly would. Let me tell you a story about NASA- A man who runs a building firm comes over to NASA. The man he is talking to tells him about how they produce everything in tolerances to the nearest micron. The builder then replies to him "that's good, but I prefer to get it bang on!" ;)